Documentation – Sampression Lite
Perfect theme for bloggers, artists, photographers and businesses.
Thank you for using Sampression Lite. If you have any questions that are beyond the scope of this following instructions, please feel free to use our Community Forum.
1. Installing a Sampression Theme
1.1 Uploading via the WordPress Dashboard
Use the WP Dashboard to install your theme:
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard and go to Appearance > Themes.
- Click on Add New button at the top of the page.
- Search for “Sampression Lite” in the search box and download the theme from the results shown.
- Click on Install Button when you see Sampression Lite Theme listed in the search result.
- Once the installation process is complete, click on the Activate Button to activate Sampression Lite Theme.
- Once the theme has been activated, you’ll be redirected to our Sampression Lite’s welcome page.
1.2 Uploading via FTP
You can also upload the un-zipped file to a folder on your site via FTP:
- Download a theme from wordpress.com – a compressed .zip file will be downloaded to you computer.
- Extract the downloaded folder to your computer.
- Use FTP to login to your site and upload the theme folder to the wp-content/themes/ folder.
- Open your WordPress Dashboard and go to: Appearance › Themes and activate the theme.
2. How to Update a Sampression Themes
When ever there’s an update for Sampression Lite Theme, you will receive a notification on your WordPress dashboard. To update to the latest version, simply click on the Update Now link.
3. Customizing Your Theme
To make any customization to your website can be accessed via the Appearance > Customize (1) section. The customization options will be shown on the left menu, while you can preview the changes to the right main window (2).
3.1 To upload a logo for your site:
To change your site’s identity click Appearance > Customize > General Settings > Site Identity
You can personalize your website by changing the Site Title, Tagline, upload a logo, add copyright text here.
3.2. Add Background Image
To add a background image to the site go to Appearance > Customize > General Settings > Background Image
3.3. Add Background Colour
To add a background colour to the site go to Appearance > Customize > General Settings > Background Colour
3.4. Typography Options
To access typography options go to Appearance > Customize > General Settings > Typography
You can personalize your website further by changing the Header Text Font, Colour, Body Text Font, Colour, Link Colour here.
4. Header and Navigation
You can add/remove Social Media links, Search bar and Header Image here. To do so go to Appearance > Customize > Header & Navigation.
5. Custom Code
Sampression Lite supports Custom Code. To add your own code go to Appearance > Customize > Custom Code
6. Custom CSS
Sampression Lite supports Custom CSS. To add your own code go to Appearance > Customize > Custom CSS
- Write/Paste the codes you want to insert in Header. This will be inserted before the
tag in the header of the document.
- Write/Paste the codes you want to insert in Footer. For eg. custom styles, scripts, etc. This will be inserted before the
tag in the footer of the document.
Sampression Lite can display menus. To customize your menu Appearance > Customize > Menus
Sampression Lite supports Widgets. To add or customize your widgets go to Appearance > Customize > Widgets
9. Homepage Settings
You can choose what’s displayed on the homepage of your site. To customize your homepage go to Appearance > Customize > Homepage Settings
10. Additional CSS
Sampression Lite allows you to add your own CSS code to customize your site. To add your CSS code, Appearance > Customize > Additonal CSS